For over 214 years, Grand Caverns has been committed to providing safe, fun and educational tours to the public. Nothing has changed this; not even COVID-19. As Virginia and many of its businesses begin to reopen, we will still provide the same fun, educational and safe tours as before, with a few additional procedures in place. With that said, please continue reading to learn what a visit to Grand Caverns post-COVID-19 entails.
- All Grand Caverns staff members are required to wear face masks, as are all visitors in Virginia.
- We now have a reduced capacity of 15 guests per tour and 20 people per building.
- Reservations are strongly encouraged! Walk-ups are welcome, but there may be a wait time until the next available tour. Check-in is still located in the Stone Lodge/gift shop.
- Reservations can be made online, here; or over the phone at 540-249-5705.
- Our cavern, gift shop, and cavern entrance building all have enhanced cleaning, disinfecting and sanitization protocols. Each area has a staff member dedicated to the hourly procedures and as needed for all high-touch surfaces
- We have implemented a six-foot social distancing policy for all non-family/same household members.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the ticket counter in our gift shop to ensure guests and staff are close enough to hear one another and still remain safe.
- FDA approved disinfectants are being used in all areas of cleaning. Handrails in the cavern, all doorknobs, counter tops, bathrooms, and other high-touch areas are thoroughly disinfected once every 60 minutes.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located in the gift shop and cavern entrance building.
- Social distancing guidelines render our Fountain Cave Adventure Tours and Historic Off Trail Tours temporarily unfeasible. We hope to offer these again soon, once social distancing restrictions are eased.
For more information, please visit us online at www.grandcaverns.com or call us at 540-249-5705.